Church Dome

Ministre de la religion de niveau 2

Find out how we can help your application to enter the UK on a long term basis with a Tier 2 Visa for Ministers of Religion. 

Who can apply for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa?

This category allows a limited number of people who have been offered a job in the UK within a faith community.

This includes but is not limited to:


  • missionary

  • member of a religious order

To apply for this visa route, the applicant must have a certificate of sponsorship for their job from an approved licensed body. Whilst in the UK, it is also expected that you are able to support yourself financially through savings or other financial means. This is because you will not be entitled to public funds. You must also be able to prove your knowledge of English by completing and passing an English language test.​

What are the requirements for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa?


Tier 2 visa applicants must prove several documents with their application, these include:

  • Passeport actuel et / ou autres documents de voyage 

  • Une photo d'identité distincte 

  • A certificate of sponsorship for your job

  • Evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)

  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list.


Each case will demand unique evidence to prove your eligibility, therefore exact requirements may vary depending on your circumstances. We recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer for expert advice. 

To receive a free initial assessment of your suitability for a Tier 2 visa, speak to a member of our immigration team today. 

Book your free initial case review with a legal expert today

Browse our latest Legal Updates